Monday, September 6, 2010

About love

God Almighty gave us the ability to love- To give love and receive love. As humans beings we have a huge capacity for a depth and intensity and variety of love: parent to child love, the love between friends, romantic love.... But our love no matter how deep can never match the depth of his love for us even in this fallen state that we are born. I am awestruck by this realization.

My heart has room enough to love so many: my family and friends, my children(when I have them) and my man...but nothing should compare with the love i have for God. Just like i should love one man though show love to all around me, so too we should have one God and show love to all humans. Never let your love for anyone, even yourself take you away from God.The word says that you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your mind, with all your strength...in short love him with all you have. If ever I could have a list, God would be have to be tops. And so it is that teh more we love him, the more he teaches us to love him and to love others. interestingly enough, the more we love him, the less we love ourselves. We are imbued with his selflessness. The more we love him, the more we resemble him in character and behaviour. We love more...deeper, stronger, more selflessly.

And so my friends, I love you all. There is room for all of you in my heart, Thanks to my God given capacity to love that is so great. Wont you share your love with someone today? You have so much of it to give.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Please comment here

Powered By Blogger